Wednesday, April 1, 2009

w...o...w....WOW!

I have not posted in FOREVER! First thing's first. I am attaching a picture of my catch in beautiful Guatemala! We went to Puerto San Jose, in all honesty, it was very poverty stricken with the exception of the beautiful lodge that we stayed at. People would walk to streets with machine guns! Our lodge was very secure and the staff was wonderful! I wish I had the time and space on here to post everything. We visited Antigua (not the island) before we left & it was AMAZING! Nothing in the city has changed in 500 years...the streets, the buildings, monasteries...VOLCANOES! It was definitely a life experience that I will keep with me forever! Let's see...Since then we have been busy with baby showers, bachelor/ette parties, weddings, etc.... One of my high school best friends is having a baby at the end of this month! I am so excited for the arrival of baby Sophie! Other than that we have been pretty low key since my last post. I have been painting....the most recent is a family name canvas 12x24....email me or call me if you are interested...I'll post a picture at the bottom. I am going to try to keep my blog updated! As for now, I am starting a movie with my wonderful hubby & our pups!


outdoor bar in guatemala...at noon on a monday

our lodge







The Marina

My Pole!

My fish! An 80 pounder...we also caught a 450 lb. Marlin! (I only have video of it)









Volcano in Antigua



An old monastery they made into a hotel/restaurant







The lovely mom to be & her hostesses

Shannon's Loot

my canvas

1 comment:

nathan&ambersymank said...

Wow I bet you had a great time on your trip!!! It looks beautiful!!! Hope all is well!!!