Monday, November 29, 2010

I am thankful for...NO MORE TECH HOME GAMES!!!

For any of you who really know me, the last home game is usually a day of mourning and not of celebration, but since I took over the Jones stadium I have had one hell of a quarter at work. I am excited for a much needed break from organizing the food needs of the Tech chef who feeds a few thousand people every home game! Although, I will say that thanks to the Handley's we had club seats for the very last game of the season...I think I could get used to those seats pretty easily:)





I have still been crafting, but that is also about to take a hiatus. I have SOOO much stuff that I want to get done for my own home & for Christmas gifts that I am just going to have to say "No" for a while on craft requests! Consider it a vacation from my second job! I will try to post some of my goodwill finds that I have re-purposed in our "new house". I will eventually stop saying "new house" once we have been here at least a year and it is fully decorated. As of now, saying "new house" makes me feel just a little better that there are so many unfinished projects!

On a more "scroogie" note, I did the math on what Brian & I will need to spend in order to purchase all of the necessary Christmas gifts this year & I almost threw up! I am even making as many of the gifts as I can for the little ones in an attempt to save. Thank goodness I have been socking away money to my BEK credit union all year for just this reason. We draw names on both sides of our families for the adults, so that alone is $200. I guess I feel like some of the spirit of Christmas is lost when you get a call saying "I drew your name for a $50 gift this year, what do you want... where can I buy that?" What happened to putting thought & time into a gift? I'm not tooting my own horn but I try to make mental notes all year on what I can get people. From comments they make while window shopping to complaining about something that would make their life easier. I try my best to not ask out-right what someone wants for Christmas. If I draw your name and you draw mine & we tell each other exactly what we want and where to find it, why don't you go buy what you want for yourself & I will save $200 in our household. **I warned you, I was feeling a little Scrooge-esque** I am waiting to get my tree from my sister's apartment, once it's put up maybe my mood will change! *sigh* As for now I wish you a Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Jenn Wisniewski said...

Haha! I agree about the gift exchange issue. I hate having to ask, but I also don't want to be the one that gives the crappy gift that people are desperate to re-gift. Or, you know they want something and you find out that they already went and bought it for themselves! There should be a rule that you can't buy yourself anything during the Christmas season!!

doubleT said...

I think I exaggerated saying that I NEVER ask... this year I drew my cousin's boyfriend who I have met once so of course, I had to ask. I think I was just grumpy that day!