Friday, November 28, 2008

Shootin' Stuff

We spent a weekend with the Bessires out in Sylvester, TX, getting back to nature. It was really fun and I experienced a lot of new things. For one, I shot my first hand gun. Yikes! Is it weird that I am more afraid of handguns than shot guns? I like to talk with my hands...a lot.... and I just know that when I have a small gun in my hand I'm going to forget about it, start waiving it around and probably shoot someone in the leg, if I'm lucky. So that was a huge thing for me. I also shot clay targets for the first time! This was more up my alley since the shotgun was so heavy that I would never forget that it was in my hands. The next morning I felt like I had been in a losing bar fight though and was bruised up from the recoil of the shotgun... I don't even know if that's the right term. We fed their cows and donkeys and rode four wheelers all day saturday. I bonded with a cow, it was pretty awesome. We stayed up and played poker, which Bets insisted that we all wear hats to play, and sat around the fire pit catching up. It was really beautiful out there. I don't think I will be shooting anything living anytime soon ( I make B take spiders outside & not squish them), but it was a trip that I am looking forward to making again!

Me & B

4 Wheelin'

Feeding cows

The Donkeys

Target practice

Crazy hat poker

Wrapping up the weekend.....

No comments: